Digital Resources at Laurel Hill ES- Parental Consent
Some of the digital resources your child may use this year require parental consent
Digital Resources at Laurel Hill Elementary School
This information is provided in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) to provide you with information about the measures FCPS takes to keep student data secure when using digital tools. By completing the digital form linked below, you provide permission for your child to use the FCPS-approved online tools listed below as part of an instructional program.
Fairfax County Public Schools uses a variety of resources to support student learning. In cases where FCPS contracts with a vendor to host student information, FCPS requires that the vendor adhere to the security and privacy requirements specified in a confidentiality agreement included in their contracts. FCPS does not have contracts with every instructional tool vendor. Many valuable instructional tools are governed by Terms of Service (TOS) and include both free and paid tools. Some of the digital resources your child may use this year require parental consent.
Listed below are the digital tools that are used at your child’s school that require parental approval, and not all tools will be used by every student. The tools have been carefully reviewed to ensure that they align with the FCPS Learning Model and FCPS conducts the same technical evaluations for all products that use student information.
For information about the specific tools that will be used by your child, please contact your child’s teachers. You will be notified if additional tools are added to this list and given the opportunity to opt-in to tools that require parental permission. Additionally, FCPS may use digital tools that do not collect, use or share any personal information.
You can find more information about FCPS’ commitment to student privacy at Digital Privacy in FCPS and a list of all approved digital tools is viewable online in the FCPS Digital Ecosystem Library which has links to the vendors’ privacy notices and other useful information.
This permission will expire at the end of this school year, and can be revoked at any time by contacting the school. If you have questions about any of the digital resources listed below, please contact your child’s school.
Elementary School List
- eBook library assignable by subject or lexile with formative assessments
- A selection of resources which go beyond the core services provided by Google Workspace for Education
- NewseumED provides students and teachers access to digital primary source artifacts, videos, debate materials and lesson plans.
- Ozobot classroom is a platform that can be used by teachers to find lesson plans and assign projects to students relating to coding and Ozobots. Students can save their coding projects and return to them later.
- Polling website that engages students interactively in the classroom
- Learning tools for students, including flashcards, study, and game modes.
- Resource for images, recordings, and texts to create online student lessons
- Online assessment to help students identify their strengths, interests, and aspirations
- Website for vocabulary instruction with online student friendly dictionary
- Online whiteboard tool. Each student gets an individual digital whiteboard where they can draw, write text, make notations on images, and add math equations. The teacher can see all of the student whiteboards, with updates in real time.